Today I realized that my most recent post is from the last day in MAY – did June seriously happen already?!? I mean, I know a lot happened in May…
1. 5-year High School Reunion (when did I get old?!)
2. College Graduation
3. A long-overdue, post-grad visit to the Dirty Jerz to venture into Manhattan with more best girlies for Memorial Day weekend/’who can track down the most sailors’ contest:
4. Don’t worry, the weekend debauchery did include cultural pursuits as well!
4. ….an epic trip which obviously capped off with sinfully delicious cupcakes at Sweet Revenge:
As if time doesn’t move fast enough already, I literally feel as though I blinked and skipped my favorite time of year – my birthday month! Reflecting on June, though, a lot has happened. Ready for the recap? Let’s do this thang:
1. I got my apron on and cooked up some delish meals for la famille:
I used this recipe from Cooking Light, but swapped the edamame for peas (I love edamame more, but we’re moving in a month and trying to use up our freezer stockpile!)…it came out great!
And of course, there’s been a whole lot of raob (random acts of bliss):
1. I randomly decided to paint my nails in this dashing combo of barbie pink and glitter -dubbed “Lindsay’s princess nails,” they made me smile for the one day they remained unchipped. Seriously, why can I not maintain a manicure to save my life?
2. A weekend trip to Cape Cod to visit my brother and celebrate my 23rd birthday with my mom because… we have the same birthday! Fun fact: I was born on both my mom’s birthday and Father’s day. My mom always jokes that I had to steal her thunder – I was two weeks late! Clearly I was waiting for the spotlight.
3. Riding in a pretty red Mustang for the weekend! My mom has always dreamed of having a convertible (one day when I’m rich mom, it’ll be yours!), so she rented one for her 50th. It was a beauty! So much fun to ride around in, on the most perfect summer day on Cape Cod.
Which we later drove back to Boston in, in the chilly night. Of course, we refused to put the top up (how often is it you get to ride in a Mustang? That top was NOT going up!) So instead, I whipped out the perfectly timed birthday present my mom gave me mere hours earlier:
4. Discovering on a new product that could be either the worst or best idea I’ve ever heard… I have no intention of finding out:
June also involved a family reunion, job-hunting, and some serious self-reflection that I will save for another post… trust me, I have plenty of material to fill July!