This past weekend was filled with many firsts:
- My first electronic jam band concert (who knew I’d be fan?)
- a late night stop at a Polish diner to pour my heart out with new friends over Pierogies, potato pancakes, and matzo ball soup. With a side of maple syrup for…you know…balance. Followed by a covert number-exchange operation with a Paul McCartney doppelganger.
- Life-changing conversation over goat cheese-stuffed omelettes during a brunch that fed my soul
- Bike riding through Central Park (in a dress, no less! I felt up to the challenge,) leaving me to wonder why it’s taken me so long to own a bike. I have a feeling that regularly feeling the high of cruising down pavement will change me for the better
- a short but sweet run through my new Greenpoint haunts (do I live in the neighborhood of ‘Girls’ fame? Yes. Am I proud? Overly so. It’s as charmingly awkward and wonderful as it seems on the silver screen.)
- Meeting up with a one of those friends from way-back-when that you know will always stay in your life, even more so as you grow up and realize that you have so much more in common than you realized when you were an insecure middle school battling the hormones on your own (Kaitlin, you’re one of a kind and I love you more than words!)
- exploring flea markets, my constant love and perpetual distraction from the outside world. Who cares what else is going on when there’s the purchase of a pristine 1960s peasant skirt with rickrack trim fit for hippie goddess at stake? Brooklyn Flea, you did not disappoint!
- relishing in random city street sightings:
Did I mention I love Brooklyn?