Cheersssss to the freakin’ weekend!
I woke up this morning after a solid night’s sleep (the first in far too long), and while I have to work tomorrow, I’m grateful for this Saturday. Plans include yoga, coffee with a friend, then dinner at another friend’s apartment. She’s making chicken pot pie and baklava, so I’m looking forward to some comfort food! I’m on veggie duty and planning on bringing balsamic roasted brussel sprouts and this salad. I made it on Christmas Eve and it was a HUGE hit. Here’s hoping for a repeat success.
It’s amazing what a full night’s sleep can do for your thought process! Rather than grumbling/talking to myself/speaking in tongues while bumping into things while attempting to make myself presentable for work, I came to a few realizations:
1. Dating is hard. It sucks, really. Especially when you have the urge to slap a guy upside the head and scream “WHO BEAT YOU WITH A STUPID STICK?!?!?” – yea, no fun. But you know what makes it better? Waking up to motivational quotes like this from your mom.
Yup. I feel much better.
2. Sometimes watching reruns of shows you’ve seen 23098440 times is far more entertaining than picking something new. Sex and the City and Girls reruns ruled my Friday night while I worked on a few pieces of jewelry (hoping to launch my site soon!). Party animal.
This may be because I have commitment issues and the thought of investing 2 hours in a movie I might not like is scary…that’s the saddest sentence ever. But true! I suck with decisions. And sometimes it’s nice to not fix what’s not broken – right?!
3. Sushi is damn good comfort food.
4. I know I’ve said it before, but here’s the (mildly embarrassing) proof that I have an absolutely insane number of pictures of Bloody Mary’s saved on my phone. WHO AM I?
5. Why did no one think of putting these two smokeshows together sooner? BRILLIANT.
What are your weekend plans? And your weekend comfort foods?